Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Herb got my wig fried like a bad perm

After all of these drug and alcohol classes, I have to ask myself, what did I learn? Through and through, my answer within led me to one answer: how to get away with it. If anything, the court and judicial systems have simultaneously created a better criminal, aware of all the laws, regulations, loop holes, and habits in the system. I've learned how to avoid situations, whether by avoiding illicit behaviors or just being smart and avoiding the omnipresent RAs. I've learned how to skew police officers. I've learned how to spot officers of the laws. It is ridiculous. Instead of addressing the issues, these classes have offered me nothing. Nothing. I end up lecturing the instructors or leaders about how they are wrong. I agree with them, but their facts and notions make me sick. If 0 people die of marijuana related deaths per year in the USA, versus the countless to alcohol and tobacco, then how come both the aforementioned habits/addictions are legal after a certain age? Because the system has its head on backwards and doesn't care about the college student, but rather the college student's money (not that he has much). That is what I've learned through this whole ordeal. In the words of Public Enemy: "Fight the Power."

No comments: